“…As of 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Boihem said 32,000 people in Tangipahoa Parish remained without power.
Just before midnight Wednesday, the area from Westin Avenue to East Thomas Street to Pine Street to South Morrison Boulevard to Club Deluxe to Southwest Railroad Avenue to Old Covington Avenue received power. Crews’ work on Wednesday meant all hotels in Hammond now have power.
Downtown Hammond remained dark Thursday…”
And from the emergency.louisiana.gov website Sept. 5, 2008
Evacuees with medical needs will be sent to shelters in Baton Rouge, Alexandria, Monroe, Bossier City and Hammond.
However, they should first call one of the lines below to be certified by a nurse.
- New Orleans 1-866-280-2068
- Baton Rouge 1-800-349-1372
- Houma-Thibodaux 1-800-228-9409
- Lafayette 1-800-901-3210
- Lake Charles 1-866-280-2711
- Alexandria 1-800-841-5778
- Shreveport 1-800-841-5776
- Monroe 1-866-280-7287
- Mandeville 1-866-280-7724